April 3, 2014

Metta and Concentration, Part II

Dear Friends,

Last week at Alameda Sangha I spoke about the unfolding of lovingkindness practice and the boundless potential of the heart.

This week, I'll focus more directly on how metta is used as an object to deepen concentration, and some common experiences that come with a focus on calming and collecting the mind. I'll be using some of my own experiences from retreat, as well as teachings from a British teacher I mentioned last week, Rob Burbea. If you get a chance, I recommend that you listen to a talk of his on Dharma Seed: "Samadhi in the Practice of Emptiness," dated 2009-1-24.

I will also dedicate some time at the meeting for us as a group to send lovingkindness and compassion to Pauletta specifically, as well as to other sangha members who are experiencing health difficulties.

Looking forward to seeing you,

with warmth,
Deb Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment