November 27, 2013

Sun 7-8:30 The Joy of Just Being

Dear Friends,

I can remember in my early childhood when I felt self-conscious for the first time, and how unpleasant that was.  My mother told me to just be myself, but that was the trouble.  I had no idea what that was.  For several decades thereafter, I tried very hard to figure out what my self was, and how to be it.  The effort was full of suffering and generated more.

Now I vaguely recall those early years when I wasn't trying to be anything.  I was just being.  It's a pleasant memory of ease and contentment.  With this practice as an integral part of our lives, it is possible to regain that joy.

Come this Sunday 7-8:30 and bring a friend, but leave your idea of self at home.  We'll talk about being unburdened by any idea of what or how we ought to be.

Happy Hanukkah and Thanksgiving,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment