March 8, 2012

Alameda Sangha: Sunday, March 11, 2012; 7-9pm

Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to seeing everyone who is able to make it this Sunday evening.  The topic will be on the divide that exists in Buddhism between practice as a lay person and practice as a monastic. A member of the sangha mentioned several months ago that they were curious about this, and so I've finally got around to addressing this question more fully. I would like to explain some of the history of the lay/monastic categories, investigate how it affects our own engagement with practice, and hopefully hear how some of you work with this apparent distinction in the teachings of the Buddha. Ultimately, I would also like to bring up some questions about whether this divide is as clear as it initially seems, or if the line is actually more fuzzy.

I hope many of you will be able to make it this Sunday at 7pm.

With care,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment