March 22, 2011

Berkeley Bazaar to Benefit the Disaster Victims in Japan

Hello Everyone,

May this find you all well. So I had lunch with a friend today who is Japanese, has family in Tokyo (who are safe but worried) and is tightly connected to the Japanese community here. Attached is the flyer she gave me. She said that if you wish to donate money instead of shop at the bazaar, 100% of what you send to the Japanese Consulate will be sent over to Japan. They do not keep any percentage of the donation.

This Friday, the 25th, I will be dropping over some works on paper of mine that I will be donating and all the proceeds of the sale will go to Japan. I will be there at the bazaar after 12:30 pm. If you are interested in acquiring any of my work I advise you to get there early as I'm sure they will all be gone. I hope that you will consider coming to buy what they are offering. My friend Masami told me that they have some really cool T-shirts about Japan on it.
I also received an email from Yoshii's in Oakland/SF and they are having a series of concerts with famous chefs in their restaurant to benefit the victims in Japan. Visit their website to learn more about this series of musical and sumptuous events.
Thanks for your attention. This bazaar and also donating money to the Japanese Consulate in SF appear to be the most direct forms of getting help over to the victims of this most unfortunate tragedy.

Much gratitude and metta,
Pauletta

No comments:

Post a Comment