February 3, 2011

This Sunday, Feb. 6, The Value of Retreat Practice

Hi everyone,
This week, I'll (Anthony) be leading the group.  It seems like it's been a while since the last time I was there along with Pauletta and Rebecca in December.  I hope you have had a great start to your year.

The topic this week will be 'retreat practice'.  I thought it would be a good topic as I just returned from a month of being on retreat in Massachusetts.  Also, Pauletta and I will be leading a half-day retreat the last weekend of this month, so we can discuss this Sunday evening such questions as, 'What's the point?'  'Why am I sitting/walking, closing my eyes/meditating for long periods of time?'   'Isn't thirty minutes enough, especially when there are so many things to be done?'  

Well, I'm not going to claim to know the answers to these questions, but this is where the practice of meditation and extended periods of meditation can become relevant for you.  Why are we doing this?

I wish you a gentle end of your week and weekend, and I'll look forward to seeing many of you Sunday night.
With care,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment