August 27, 2010

This Sunday: Practice


Hi everyone,


Over the last few months I've been going through the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path on the nights I lead the group. This past weekend we looked at the last group of topics for the Eightfold Path.  All in all, it was a lot of information over the many weeks where I've been focusing on these core teachings of Buddhism.


So, I thought it would be a good idea to wrap it up by exploring how we work with all of this material.  How does it affect our meditation practice?  And, how does it affect our lives?  As an extension of this, I may explore the general idea of incorporating teachings in our practice.


There is so much material to study, and here we are sitting silently with our eyes closed. How are the two related?


Well, I hope many of you will join me this Sunday night.  I'm looking forward to it as this group is so inspiring every week.


With Gratitude,
Anthony

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the focus on how we bring this into our lives.

    ReplyDelete